Is this not one of the most beautiful places to be? We've been fortunate enough to have visited there multiple times now, and hope to go at least one more time before moving out of state.
The edifice, itself, is breathtaking, but the Spirit inside is indescribable. The spirit of peace and holiness, shutting out the cluttered world of everyday life, if for only but a few hours.
I know it's not the original, but being built to almost exact duplication, I could not help feeling the spirit of my kindred dead, who had, perhaps, sat in the same pew as I--or at least in the same room--over a century ago. Someday, I will get to meet them and listen to all they can tell me about the daily happenings in their lives, living with the Prophet Joseph Smith, in Nauvoo.
The Printing Office in Nauvoo


3 comments:
Very lovely Rachel...It was so fun to be there with you and mother and dad...It is amazing what the church has done and what we can enjoy at this time. Keep up the good work. Love you, Cheryl
I love that temple. It's so so beautiful. You are lucky to live so close to such a historic spot.
I absolutely love the Nauvoo Temple! Beautiful picture you have up there Rache'l.
I agree the spirit you feel inside is just amazing, in fact, the spirit you feel all through the city of Nauvoo is amazing!!
Post a Comment