LETTER TO MY SISTER...
This itching has been driving me crazy, so I pretty much do just
what has to be done, ice my arms and legs down, slap on calamine
lotion, hold my arms out straight for it all to dry, and pull my tops
away from my stomach so the fabric won't make it start itching
again! :-) It has been SO fun! It is going away, but it is SO SLOW!
I went into your favorite store yesterday--Dick's 5 & 10--to see
if they had received their order of Fels Naptha soap. Remember
that from getting ready for Girls' Camp? We had to have a small
piece of it in our First Aid Kit in case we got into poison oak. Anyway,
their order had not arrived so the nice clerk showed me their hand-made bars of lye
soap, made right here in the Ozarks. I was desperate, so I bought
a bar. Did you know it's good for poison ivy and you can even use
it for catfish bait? Who'd a thought....
So I scrubbed my arms down with that, and now I look like a fish!
It did help the itching and swelling, but it made my skin look all
scaly and dry. I'll take that for now, because it's better
than the itching!
People have been looking at me a little strange, probably wondering
what skin disease I've contracted. It's kind of fun to see the
expressions on their faces.
Nighty-night for now!
Love,
Rache'l
oxoxox
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
love you too!!! I love the temple picture...Oh my gosh, I had forgotten about those night time shots you took....start advertising on your blog to sell some of these....love you, Cheryl
Is that poison ivy gone yet Rache'l? It sounds miserable. I don't think I have ever had it. It sounds worse than poison Oak.
I hope you have stopped itching by now!
Post a Comment